Thank you for your interest in applying for financial assistance to YSC’s Regional Symposium in Pittsburgh.
The travel award includes:
- $100 in reimbursable costs to help offset your travel*. This can include mileage, hotel or other travel-related expenses.
- A registration fee waiver for your attendance to the Symposium.
*You must be present at the Symposium and keep all itemized receipts in order to receive a reimbursement. The expectation is that you will attend the entirety of the conference.
Learn more about our Travel Assistance program:
- Travel assistance is needs-based and is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Apply early! Once financial assistance funds are depleted, the application process will be closed.
- The application process is open until May 14, 2018, or until funds run out. You will be notified of your eligibility no more than 10 business days after submitting your application.
- Please do not register for the conference before receiving notification of your application decision. YSC will not be able to give you credit if you register without your code. Once you receive your code, please use it to register.
- You are responsible for all upfront costs. The travel assistance program is a reimbursement process and you will receive a check in the mail once the Symposium is completed.
The eligibility requirements for a travel assistance award are:
- Priority is given to young breast cancer survivors and young women living with metastatic disease, with additional funds available for co-survivors and healthcare providers.
- Eligibility is based on means-testing, using the information you provide in your application.
- Recipients must live more than 65 miles away from the conference site, Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square.
- You must be in good standing with Young Survival Coalition (YSC) conferences and events. YSC reserves the right to decline an application if an individual provides misinformation in his/her application or otherwise shows misconduct at any YSC events.
Terms and Conditions
It is important that you read through the terms and conditions below carefully, as failure to comply could make you ineligible for future financial assistance from YSC.
- If you receive travel assistance and decide not to attend or would like to decline the award please contact email@example.com immediately. This will allow us to provide more attendees with financial assistance.
- If you do not register for the conference within 10 days of receiving your award notice, your travel award will be cancelled.
- Do not share your associated fee waiver code; we track the codes carefully and will cancel your registration and the registration of anyone not approved to use it.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 646.257.3000. We’re here to help!